Monday, April 27, 2009

The Solid Cement Cadillac

-November-
Instead of using myths, I decided to use urban legends to inspire this piece. This particular legend was called the Solid Cement Cadillac, and it goes something like this:
A woman is married to a cement truck driver, who is a very jealous man. While
she stays at home, her husband often drives by in the middle of the day, on his
lunch break, to make sure she wasn't up to anything. One day, he sees a Cadillac
parked in his driveway and a man inside talking to his wife. Angry that his wife
was seeing some rich young man instead of staying home and doing housework, the
man backed his cement truck up to the house, filled the other man's Cadillac
with cement, and drove off. When he came home after work, he caustically asked
his wife how her day was. Crying, she responded, 'It was just awful! I bought
you a brand new Cadillac as a surprise present, but when I was inside signing
the forms some jerk filled it with cement!'

Anyways, I was just playing with colored pencil and combined image drawings, but this turned out kind of horribly, mostly because I think it has a poor composition and because I used random colors that happened to look bad together. Maybe some day I'll redo it with a different composition and with an actual color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment